Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garden Fresh Crustless Quiche


I love a yummy quiche, and it is so easy to do, even without a pre-made crust, which I rarely have on hand.
I have so much basil, and delicious garden veggies from mine and my friends' gardens, I want to use them all up before they turn. A garden delicious quiche is a great way to do it, and you can use any leftovers you may have, too, especially for the meat, or just make it vegetarian.
This is how I did it, but you should follow the general directions, and make it your own. 
Happy Quiche-ing!!

Ingredients:
6 Eggs-8 would've been better, but I ran out!
Whatever else is fresh in your garden-I used 2 handfuls basil, baby spinach, 3 small tomatoes, 1 zucchini, garlic, leftover corned beef brisket, onion, 2 handfuls shredded cheese
Instant biscuits in the tube


I used a lot of ingredients so I could make two, and freeze one of them.
Pop the tube of biscuits. Mush them all together, roll them out as flat as you can-I had gaps, no worries. Spray your pans with a no-stick spray, or dash w olive oil and spread. 
Lay down flat biscuits on the bottom of your dish.


Chop all ingredients finely, or as desired-except the zucchini, slice the zucchini nice and thinly, and place flat on the bottom of the dish, on top of the biscuit crust. This should help reinforce the "crust".
Mix eggs, and all ingredients together, pour into dishes on top of zucchini "crust."


Bake at 350 degrees until firm in the middle, or as desired.


It must smell good! There's a lurker about....

No comments:

Post a Comment