Friday, June 8, 2012

Da-Bomb Bomb Pops

Delightful, Dalish,  Da-Bomb Popsicles

These were so good, and really easy (mostly.)
I used all fresh ingredients for these fruity bomb pops-they came out really tasty and oh-so delicious!

My mom gave us a popsicle form that comes with the handles and goes directly into the freezer. I think she got it at one of the dollar stores-Dollar General probably? But you can find them lots of places.
I sliced and pureed a large cantaloupe.



Squeezed in some fresh orange juice, minus the seeds, and topped of with some of my beets/mint puree that I had premade. I added the handles, and popped into the freezer overnight.

Today, we gave them the ultimate taste test. Did Miss E like them? See for yourself!

I'd say they were a hit, she fussed after the first one, so I gave her a second one.

WARNING: Popsicles are messy, and beets potentially stain, so nekkid popsicle eating baby is probably the best way to go. Then you just wipe them down.

The hardest part about this project was extracting the frozen pops from the mold without the handles breaking off. I ran cool water over the outside of the mold to help release the pops, and did a lot of bending, banging and twisting until they relented. 

I'd love to hear what you do to keep your teething tot happy, or how you and your family stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment